Saturday, October 29, 2011

Poetry Corner ~ Calling all Poets Again

Hi everyone,

I simply LOVE poetry and I'm hoping this passion will pass onto others that follow and read my blog and that they will feel encouraged to share.

Here is my contribution to this edition of Poetry Corner :-)

What?

What do you want from me?
I can't make out the words you spew from your wicked, wicked mouth with undiluted tones that chime in my ears taunting me.
Bang...clang...bang...clang....bang....clang.
So much noise for these old ears that it just ends up as fodder for my tired mind.
Keeping the mind muncher busy and full.
Crunch...crunch...swallow.
It's all good, I'm still in tact I think or do crazy even know when they are crazy?
Wild thoughts creep in the murky shadows leaving their grime and ooze.
Shhh...glob....blob....glob.
Will it all eventually catch me and hold me prisoner?
I don't think so because my mind is a never ending evolving, slippery, tricky, bugger.
Bend...turn...run...escape!

Written by Becky Illson-Skinner

No comments: