Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Writers Tool Kit

Ah, Sweet Thursday :-)

Earlier in the week I reviewed several different software solutions (See Writing Software Solutions) that can be utilized for writing your book, which got me to thinking about other tools us writers need to get our work done so I went in search of those too. Here are some of the essentials in my writers tool kit:

Remember when this is all it seemed you needed?
Kingston Digital 16 GB USB 2.0 Hi-speed Datatraveler Flash Drive (Never have your story only save on your computer -- always have at least one back-up)

Webster's New World Thesaurus (Great for those "brain fart" moments or to find a replacement word for repetitive words)

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition

Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (I love my MAC!!)

45 Master Characters (Utterly priceless book to develop unforgettable characters!)

The First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide To Staying Out of the Rejection Pile (My goal!!)

How to Write Killer Fiction (Another great resource book for writers of mystery and thrillers!) 

No comments: