Saturday, November 26, 2011

Poetry Corner ~ Calling all POETS

It's POETRY day on Mystery Writers Unite :-)

If you've stumbled upon this page and you like poetry, please check out some of the previous posts for Poetry corner and let your creative spirit loose and post a comment!

Here is my submission this week:

Look at Me

Look at me; I mean really look at me, a penetrating look into the depths of my eyes.
Tell me. What do you see?
If you do not see the wounds within my soul, then you've not looked deep enough.
If you do not see a flesh and blood person that bleeds when they are cut, then you have only scratched the surface.
All of me is in here just waiting for release, a release that I thought I had found so many times before.
The unworthy ones that tried to touch my soul, are they even worth my remembrance?
I doubt it and it doesn't really matter since thy are gone and you are here.
You stand before me filled with such sweet promise and I want to take that plunge but I'm scared and bruised although not yet broken.
Will you be the one?
The first one to really look at me, a penetrating look into the depths of my eyes?

 

No comments: