Friday, February 3, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes!


Virginia and Kirsten ~ Friendship!
Hi everyone,

I had a very cute conversation with my eight-year-old daughter, Kirsten, the other day and thought I would share with all of you what comes out of the mouth of babes from time to time….

The conversation came about partly because Kirsten has heard me say that “I am working on my book” for the past year and because my good friend an MYSTERY WRITERS UNITE co-author, Kate Burns, had visited their class at school to talk with them about what it takes to have a story and write a book.

Kate’s talk must have been inspiring because she announced that her and her friend Virginia (Kate’s daughter) had started to write a book. I looked at her both pleased and surprised and asked when that happened. She looked at me so seriously and said, “Just recently but we’ve already got the first page almost done.”

I replied, “I see, that’s really good. What is your book going to be about?”

She said, “It is about friendship I think and we are really good at coming up with ideas.”

I said, “That is really cool sweetie.”

Then she replied, “We need to come up with a boy character though because one of the girls has to meet someone and fall in love.”

This took me a bit by surprise and all I could think is you better come up with two boy characters so they can both fall in love or there may be problems (smile).

Anyhow, I decided to share because it just goes to prove with a little imagination, some plot planning and the desire to write…you can do it.

I have no idea when we will see the finished version of Kirsten and Virginia’s book but I do look forward to being one of the first to read it.

For other authors or aspiring authors out there…let us all take a page from the eight-year-old book of life and dive into whatever your latest project is! Do it with freedom of mind and pure heart and I’m sure it will all work out.

Have a great day everyone!

Becky

1 comment:

Jane Isaac said...

LOL This is lovely, Becky. Thanks for sharing:))