Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Suggestions to Deal with Writer's Block

Have you ever sat down to write and as prepared as you thought that you were nothing came to mind? Writer's block is common and I think everyone experiences it once in awhile. What do you do to deal with writer's block?

I find that if I do my best not to narrowly focus and just let my mind wander...take the pressure to produce pages out of the equation it helps me to relax and before I know it the words just flow. Atmosphere will play a big part in your ability to write too. I don't know what your house is like but some days mine is filled with many distractions whereas other days it has the perfect space for me to stretch my mental creativity! 

What tricks do you use when afflicted with writer's block? What inspires you?

Have a great day!

Becky

No comments: