Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Calling Guest Bloggers!!

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday :-)

I've noticed on many of the blogs that I've been reading that the "blog owner" will often offer someone a guest spot on their blog and this individual will make a special post. I would like to do this with my blog but don't know how to go about doing so since I'm so new to the world of blogging.

Do you approach someone through an authors blog? Do you ask someone you have been conversing with on Twitter or Facebook? Do they blog about whatever they want or should you have a certain topic in mind that you would like them to blog about or do they get to decide what they want to chat about?

If you would like to have a one-time guest spot on my blog or you would like to have a monthly, bi-weekly or weekly guest spot, please let me know as I would be more than open to this.

Other more experienced bloggers - if you see this and you can give me some tips please do :-)

Have a great day!

Becky

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hi Becky,

Usually I've been approached by writers via email or Twitter DMs. They'll explain they've got an upcoming release (or some other reason to promote) and ask if they can have a spot on my blog on _____week of ____month. They usually ask what they should blog about and I ordinarily give a bunch of ideas. The guest posts are typically more interesting if they're on a topic related to writing that the promoting writer can tie into their book.

Hmm. I'm thinking I should write a post on this, myself! This comment is getting long. But you can also ask people via email or Twitter if they'd like to guest post, particularly if you see a writer doing a lot of guest spots. I've had several invites that way, myself.

And I'm happy to guest here or have you guest on mine, anytime. :) Thanks for coming by my blog today.

Becky Illson-Skinner said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the guidance on how to do this as I felt utterly lost!

I will be doing at least two author interviews over the next week and half and I'm very excited about that :-)

I would be honored to have you as a guest blogger here and would be thrilled to guest blog on your page too! Keep up the excellent work and articles!

Becky