|FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY|
- Do make sure that the tile is legible;
- Do make sure that the font on the spine really stands out (for printed work);
- Do make sure that the back cover provides a brief summary about the book’s content;
- Do make sure that if you are going to include an author picture that it is a head shot and looks professional (for printed work);
- Do choose fonts wisely!! Each genre of books has similar typeface characteristics. It’s important to recognize these patterns and consider them when selecting cover fonts. For example, the same typeface used for books on sympathy may not be appropriate for a murder mystery; and
- Don’t try and portray your entire story with cover artwork. Instead, garner a potential reader’s interest and make them want to know more. Keep the front cover simple; it’s the back cover’s job to summarize and provide more information.