Saturday, December 24, 2011

Poetry Corner ~ Calling all Poets

Hi everyone,

It's that time of week again!! Let's make this a great week with lots of page views and some interaction with our readers...don't be shy -- POST A POEM :-)

This week, with the permission of the author, I'm posting a poem that is not one of my own. The first time I read this poem it really moved me and most of the writing by this author has.

Behind Blank Eyes

I was weird
Oddly unique
Rebellious. Yes
With revolutionary ideas
Challenging the comforts of normality
Whatever that is
But they molded me
Conformed me
Unified me with the rest of the world
I am now one and the same with everyone in every way
Except one
I remember what it was like to be ………..

                                                                                 Different.

No comments: