Sunday, October 2, 2011

What is Your Writing Process?

Good day to everyone :-)

I have a question about character and /or story development and want to know what other writers out there do to develop characters. I'm finding that my main character, which is based on a real person that I don't really like much, has evolved from someone the reader would hate to someone the reader may actually understand and sympathize with. I never intended for this to happen but through the creative process somehow it did. Would you leave it like that or would you go back and change the parts that started to mess up the scale between good and bad?

When I sit down to write, I don't tend to sensor my thoughts a lot and what comes out comes out. This is how I got to this stage. Being that this is my first book, I had a basic outline for the story and figured as the story evolved the rest would "fill in". Maybe this is not the best approach I don't know.

Anyhow, if you are a published writer or someone writing their first novel and you don't mind sharing your writing process, please leave a comment.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Becky

No comments: